September 18, 2019
Salary DOE Applications will ONLY BE ACCEPTED through employer portal. https://www.coastalvillages.org/careers/job-listings
Coastal Villages Region Fund is currently seeking applications for an Accounting Specialist in Anchorage, Alaska. The primary job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the timely deposit and application of all funds received for both CAPS, CVCDG and PPL Loans, inputs Work Orders submitted from all Community Service Centers, and acts as the BluePay Administrator.
Specific duties include:
- Proper and timely deposit and application of all funds received via check, money order, credit/debit card payments as well as electronic funds transfers.
- Process any and all payments from customers; customer payments come through the mail, through phone calls, and also in person.
- Receive all customer payments submitted by each Community Service Center (CSC); these are routed to the office daily through the network drives and occasionally through the mail.
- This position reviews and identifies discrepancies with the payments and back-up documentation submitted by CSC employees and takes the appropriate action to fix these discrepancies’, inputs payments into GP and ensures the proper application of the payment to the customer and account(s) in GP.
- Monitor and organize the Work Order email inbox.
- Review WO’s to identify errors, ensure compliance, identify customer account matches, and enters WO’s into GP, and choosing the appropriate accounts.
- Request Customer account set-ups
- Accounts Receivable coding – Responsible to assign appropriate coding or communicate with managers to attain approved coding.
- Customer service to CVRF customers, and internal customers (CSC employees and other internal departments)
- BluePay Administrator – Activates and de-activates employee user accounts, sets up recurring payments for customers, troubleshoots payment issues.
- Responsible for monthly close and reconciliation duties.
- Utilize PaperSave for appropriate electronic filing of back-up documentation of GP cash batches and sales batches.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of the Archives on site and arrange for off-site storage/destruction.
- Cross-train to cover Community Benefit Associate’s position on the AR team.
- Provide cross-training of Accounting Specialist position.
- Responsible for developing, writing, and maintaining up-to-date desk procedures for Accounting Specialist position.
- Assist in training material development to guide CSC staff in submitting a usable and acceptable work product for the Accounting Department.
- Be organized and ready to provide or discuss the status of monthly deposits or sales batches with supervisor or other managers at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the In-Region Accounting Supervisor.
Starting Wage: DOE – Status: Non-Exempt Hourly
Coastal Villages Region Fund has a zero tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy. Selected applicants will be required to successfully pass background and reference checks.
Should possess the ability to represent the company in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing. Must be willing to learn to learn, and have high attention to detail and a high regard for accuracy. Must be able to work in a team setting, be highly organized, and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Must be willing to work occasional overtime in order to meet deadlines. Should have knowledge of accounts receivable and general accounting basics, though we are willing to train in these areas for the right individual. Experience with MS Excel is required and experience with MS Dynamics Great Plains is a bonus.
In order to successfully perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to effectively remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, communicate with others in person and over the phone, and move about inside the office. This position requires the ability to sit, effectively use hands and fingers, talk and listen, reach with hand and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally this position may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is also a requirement.
This position is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and florescent lighting. It requires the regular use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel to other rural communities, Anchorage, and other states may be required via aircraft of varying sizes. Some travel may require staying overnight.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics listed are representative of those that must be borne by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Listing Type: Alaska Jobs
Location: 711 H Street, Anchorage, AK, USA
Edit your listingPermission denied