The base for this Moose Minestrone soup recipe was from a friend, but we have tweaked it a bit for our family's taste. This is the version we love most and it is a real winner on a cold or rainy day. Even the kids like it!
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 cups of water
- 1 Lb. Moose stew meat, I usually start from frozen.
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh if possible)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni noodles