Jeremy built an amazing Alaskan black spruce log changing table for our baby boy earlier this year and I added the final touch to “Caleb’s corner” with these DIY burlap wall decor and frames! This was a fast and easy project but I’m so happy with how they came out. Here are the steps I took …
1. Cut a piece of plywood to desired size. I used two 10×10 plywood squares.
2. Cut burlap to allow for at least a 1 inch “hem” on all edges (ex. at least 12×12 for 10×10 square). Tightly wrap burlap around plywood and use staple gun to secure the burlap to the underside of the wood.
3. Affix desired stencil to burlap using double-sided tape or spray adhesive.
4. Using a stencil sponge brush, carefully fill in the stencil with desired color of acrylic paint. For a darker finish, apply a second coat of paint once the first coat is dry.
5. Allow paint to dry completely and remove the stencil from the burlap.
6. You can hang the paintings as is OR finish with a frame. Jeremy made me these black spruce frames to match the changing table!